The psychotherapy I provide focuses on helping you clarify and obtain whatever is most important to you. In other words, on discovering your personal path to self-actualization. Less suffering. More joy. More safety, connection, and meaning.
It is my best understanding that we humans seek to self-actualize the way a flower seeks to bloom.
It is our essential nature.
My psychotherapy style begins with listening from compassion, and it integrates elements from diverse forms of talk therapy and mindfulness. I draw from any or all of the following tools to suit your specific needs and interests.
- Mindfulness: Reveals the shallow nature of thoughts, the deep nature of reality, and the path beyond anxiety and delusion.
- Psychodynamic Therapy: Teaches us to find and correct the habitual distortions of reality that result from expecting the present to be just like the past.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): Teaches us how to use our thoughts to create positive influence on our behaviors and emotions.
- Metacognitive Therapy: Generalizes and augments CBT by teaching us to usefully think about our thinking.
- Behavioral Therapy: Teaches us how systems of rewards and punishments actually influence our behavior.
- Transactional Analysis (TA): Teaches us how to usefully analyze our communications for Adult, Child, and Parent modes.
- Humanistic Therapy: Teaches us to use authenticity, empathy, and admiration as healing factors.
- Existential Therapy: Teaches us that issues concerning death, isolation, meaning, and freedom must not be underestimated.
My specialty areas include:
- Executive/Life Coaching, Optimal Performance, Life Strategy
- Self-Actualization, Mindfulness, & Well-Being
- Anxiety (subclinical)
- Depression (subclinical)
- Relationships & Relational Conflict
- Intimacy, Sexuality, & Dating
- Assertiveness, Boundaries, & Good Communication
- Shyness, Loneliness, & Social Phobia (subclinical)
- Self-Esteem, Self-Understanding, & Self-Acceptance
- Meaning, Seeking, & Spirituality
- Grief, Loss, & Adjustment
- Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACOA) or Addicts
- Narcissism, Narcissists, & Neglectful Environments
- Emotional Regulation
- Anger Management
- Stress Management
- Weight Management
- Healthy Sleep
- Dream Analysis & Interpretation
Your interests will always guide our process. We will investigate whatever matters to you, whether it fits neatly into any of these specialty areas or not.